Scatter charts, or scatter plots, are designed to identify a correlation between typically two variables. In such graphics, the data is visualized as a set of points usually displayed as markers. The position of each marker indicates the values of the variables along the horizontal and vertical axes.
In this tutorial, we will be visualizing international and domestic sales of the 1000 highest-grossing Hollywood movies as of January 2022. So, get your popcorn and start watching the JS scatter chart development!
- No Comments »
Good visual graphics are helpful in telling good stories based on data. Want to see some fantastic examples? Check out the best visual data stories of all we’ve recently come across, in a brand new issue of DataViz Weekly!
- Lead emissions around small airports in America — Quartz
- Labor shortage in Belgium — De Tijd
- Geography of Russian private jet flights — NYT
- Space debris and its danger — FT
A lot of visualizations appear every day all over the web. On DataViz Weekly, we share with you those that we’ve found especially noteworthy. Check out our fresh collection of interesting charts and maps!
- Inequality and health in Brussels — Médor
- Noise pollution in Paris, London, and New York City — Possible
- Manhattan migration patterns — Bloomberg
- Commonness of divorce in the United States — FlowingData
Are we alone in the universe? A question every one of us has asked ourselves at some point. While we are thinking about the odds of the Earth being the only habitable planet in the universe, or not, one of the things we might consider is how big the universe is. Let’s look at that with the help of treemaps! In this tutorial, we will be visualizing the scale of the 10 largest galaxies in the known universe using the treemapping technique.
So, would you like to know how to quickly build a JS-based treemap chart? Follow me in this stepwise tutorial and learn in an easy, fun way!
- No Comments »
It’s Friday, and we are glad to show you four new examples demonstrating the power of data visualization in action! See what’s on DataViz Weekly today!
- Real costs of breastfeeding — The Washington Post
- Traffic violence across NYC in 2013–2021 — The New Yorker
- Global food crisis — Reuters
- Topical political issues across the U.S. in the run-up to the midterm elections — Axios