Flippity Uses AnyChart in Word Cloud Visualization Tool October 26th, 2020 by AnyChart Team
While thousands of companies choose AnyChart to operate interactive data visualization in commercial projects, we are especially proud our charting solutions have been put for good use in education. Here’s a great new case, for example.
To learn and tell you more about Flippity and their experience using AnyChart JS for data visualization, we had a quick talk with Steve Fortna, a school teacher from Massachusetts and the creator of Flippity. Check out the interview! (Stack: HTML/Google Sheets.)
Exploring Data About COVID-19, Road Curvature & U.S. Elections — DataViz Weekly October 23rd, 2020 by AnyChart Team
Meet a set of new amazing visualizations we’ve spotted and admired lately. Below is a list of the projects featured today on DataViz Weekly. Keep reading to learn about each and then check them out right away.
- Global COVID-19 crisis in data — FT
- Twisty roads worldwide — Adam Franco
- Ways Biden or Trump could win — FiveThirtyEight
- Electoral College Decision Tree — Kerry Rodden
New Stunning Data Graphics Projects Not to Miss — DataViz Weekly October 16th, 2020 by AnyChart Team
We know DataViz Weekly is read on a regular basis by data visualization practitioners from many countries, and we are happy you guys find it interesting and helpful. Are you ready for another bunch of new great data graphics projects worth looking at? There you go:
- NBA playoff win probabilities — Adam Pearce
- Fall fire weather days in California by the century’s end — ProPublica
- U.S. unemployment crisis shapes — NYT
- Deaths of despair in America — Periscopic
Fresh Examples of Data Visualization Best Practices in Action — DataViz Weekly October 9th, 2020 by AnyChart Team
DataViz Weekly is here featuring a selection of new compelling projects with awesome charts and maps. Check out some of the coolest fresh examples of data visualization best practices in action!
- $4 trillion coronavirus bailout under the microscope — The Washington Post
- Presidential Plinko — Matthew Kay, Northwestern University
- Allegations of foreign interference in the 2020 U.S. election — DFRLab
- American streets named after athletes — ESPN
Feel Power of Data Visualization in Four New Examples — DataViz Weekly October 2nd, 2020 by AnyChart Team
We’ve curated another four new wonderful examples from around the web that greatly illustrate the power of data visualization in action. Meet them straight away, on DataViz Weekly!
- COVID-19 spreading rates by country — Jan Willem Tulp
- Two decades of Trump’s finances — The New York Times
- Dangerous air pollution in the record wildfire season in the Western U.S. — NPR
- Germany divided — Berliner Morgenpost
- No Comments »
Visualizing Noise, Census, COVID-19, and Happiness Data — DataViz Weekly September 25th, 2020 by AnyChart Team
We have put together a roundup of new awesome data visualizations from around the web. Look what we’ve got for you to check out this Friday on DataViz Weekly:
- Noise pollution in Brussels — Karim Douïeb
- Census 2020 undercounts and their consequences — NYT Opinion
- COVID-19 symptoms search trends — Google People + AI Research (PAIR)
- World happiness by region — Wayde Herman
Data visualization is an important and sometimes undervalued tool in a data scientist’s toolkit. It allows us to gain an understanding and intuition about the data, through exploratory data analysis, which influences preprocessing, feature engineering, and the correct machine learning algorithm choice. It also helps to better evaluate models and even allows you to spot areas in the data where models could have poor performance.
Taking data visualization one step further by adding interactivity is even more advantageous. By adding interactive elements to your visualizations you create a more engaging experience. This in turn makes a user ‘explore’ visualizations instead of just reading them!
- 1 Comment »
New Environmental Maps Worth Checking Out — DataViz Weekly September 18th, 2020 by AnyChart Team
Lately, we’ve seen a bunch of cool geovisualizations on the topics of climate, pollution, and human impact. Here are some of the most interesting fresh ones. Check out the new DataViz Weekly post which is entirely dedicated to great examples of environmental maps:
- American climate shifts — ProPublica
- Earth’s most biologically important lands — RESOLVE
- Rainforest loss — Bloomberg Green
- Toxicity in North Brooklyn — North Brooklyn Neighbors
Meet September 2020 Releases of AnyChart and AnyGantt Extensions for Qlik September 16th, 2020 by AnyChart Team
We’ve just updated the AnyChart and AnyGantt extensions for Qlik Sense to further facilitate the path to enhanced data-driven insights for you! Keep reading to learn about the new amazing Waterfall Chart and Gantt Chart features delivered in the 4.3.249 releases. Then check out the latest versions to see them all in action!
- Categories: AnyChart charting component, AnyGantt, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Gantt Chart, News, Qlik
- No Comments »