Check out what new cool and useful features are delivered in the new versions of our HTML5-based interactive data visualization solutions AnyChart, AnyStock, AnyGantt and AnyMap, as well as what we are going to work on next.
- 2 Comments »
Various Data Represented in Interesting Visualizations – DataViz Weekly December 15th, 2017 by AnyChart Team
Data visualization is a great thing. It helps humans make sense of various data that’s all around. And we are glad to continue to share with you good dataviz examples on a regular basis, in the Data Visualization Weekly feature on our blog.
So, the new weekly article is here! Look what data visuals we are presenting this time:
- first and business class air travel flow between key global cities;
- the largest employers in every state of the US;
- gender diversity in undergraduate classes across MIT;
- Bitcoin capitalization and market share.
In today’s tutorial, let’s dig into custom drawing and create an interactive HTML5 line chart of which the segments with negative values are painted with a different color than the rest of the graph.
- No Comments »
DataViz’s Growth in Popularity and How It Is Being Applied in Different Areas – Data Visualization Weekly December 8th, 2017 by AnyChart Team
Hello DataViz Weekly readers! Today we will take a look at data visualization’s growth in popularity and how it has been applied in several areas.
This article showcases the following visualizations:
- What chart types, books and tools are most popular in Google search (and how the interest has changed).
- An interactive map revealing deadly air pollution levels across Europe in real time.
- A simple and creative visualization showing the top US graduate business schools.
- An interactive 3D earth map showing how melting glaciers and rising sea levels could destroy some of our cities in the future.
Pie chart is one of the most popular chart types. Mathematically speaking it looks like a circle divided into sectors which represent a part of a whole. For the most of us, pie charts look like real pies or pizzas cut into several slices. In this article, you will find a detailed tutorial on how to build one, with JS chart code samples.
- No Comments »
Brilliant Data Visuals Providing Insights into a Variety of Issues – DataViz Weekly December 1st, 2017 by AnyChart Team
Hello reader, it’s nice to have your attention once again. Today we present to you another DataViz Weekly post, comprising a range of brilliant data visuals, showing different data revolving around four different issues to tell stories about them. In this article, we take a closer look at:
- Some reasons why many people quit their job and where they go after resigning.
- The significance of investing in college education.
- How the internet has impacted the market for sex.
- The relationship between income, life expectancy and health, based on a recent survey carried out in Europe.
The simple charts below will help you understand the data, get new insights into these four areas and see some hidden patterns as well as trends in each one of them. So, let’s get started right away.
How to Add Multi-level Category Axis | Challenge AnyChart! November 29th, 2017 by Vitaly Radionov
We are glad to present to you a new article in the Challenge AnyChart! series.
- No Comments »
Cool Data Visuals Displaying Employee Diversity in Major US Newsrooms and Other Interesting Data – DataViz Weekly November 24th, 2017 by AnyChart Team
Here’s the new DataViz Weekly post. It brings to light four cool data visuals on the following areas:
- employee diversity in the major US newsrooms;
- daily routines of different groups of Americans;
- outlook of Britain’s property market;
- new revelations about “hidden” variability in how cancer cells respond to drugs.
Without wasting any more time, let’s go straight to these data visualizations!
Android Charts Made Easy – Meet AnyChart Library for Data Visualization in Android Apps! November 21st, 2017 by AnyChart Team
It’s a stunning data visualization library for making interactive HTML5 charts in Android apps, running on API 14+ (Android 4.0). AnyChart supplies dozens of different chart types and seamlessly works with any data from any database.
Amazing Data Visuals Showing US Energy Generation and Other Important Data – DataViz Weekly November 17th, 2017 by AnyChart Team
Welcome to our Data Visualization Weekly series where we bring you some of the latest news and information on a wide range of topics, from family and property to energy and education. We use creative and amazing data visuals from around the Web to present information.
Today we introduce to you interesting data on 4 specific areas that you will find quite interesting to know something about, using a variety of visual elements. We take a closer look at energy generation, marriage statistics by age, and Chicago housing price trends. Another area that we will focus on is MBA – what schools give the biggest (and smallest) boost to salaries. So let’s begin straight away with the first topic.