IDS Chooses AnyChart for Its Reporting and Analysis Systems November 21st, 2011 by Margaret Skomorokh
We are happy to publish a new success story, this time about AnyChart and Independent Data Services (IDS) – a company from the upstream oil and gas industry.
IDS, founded in 1995, is the world’s largest provider of web-based reporting and analysis services to the upstream oil and gas industry. IDS’ latest release — DataNet2 — makes full use of Web 2.0-compliant technologies and WITSML feeds to capture and deliver data via the web to unlimited users. The DataNet2 suite of products includes VisNet — a back-end query engine which extracts knowledge from every part of the DataNet2 system.
The challenge was:
- To visualize the data returned by VisNet (KPI’s, benchmarks) and create configurable and interactive charts.
- To ensure that all visualizations would be customizable, matching IDS’ high standards.
- To implement a variety of charts.
AnyChart’s charting technology was used to generate visualizations for VisNet because:
- The component allows for the creation of advanced and good-looking animated charts.
- AnyChart is very flexible and provides a lot of features, which made it a good choice for IDS’ project.
- The AnyChart library includes a wide range of charts which is constantly growing. Currently VisNet supports Bar, Column, Pie, Line, and Scatter graphs, but more will be added.
You can enjoy the success story here:
|IDSIDS Chooses AnyChart for Its Reporting and Analysis Systems >>|
Other stories can be found here: https://www.anychart.com/company/success_stories.php
AnyGantt 4.2.0 Available November 15th, 2011 by Margaret Skomorokh
Our component for building Gantt charts has been updated. The new version – AnyGantt 4.2.0 – contains the following changes:
- AnyGantt JS integration library has been refactored:
— AnyChart.js is now named AnyGantt.js;
— AnyChart class is now called AnyGantt.
Please note, that you have to change these names in your JS code when upgrading.
- A Flex version of AnyGantt component. Read more at Working with Gantt Chart in FLEX.
- dateTimeRangeChange, verticalPositionChange and expandCollapse events to handle changes in data plot.
- Printing fixes.
AnyChart 6.0.5 Released November 14th, 2011 by Timothy Loginov
Today we are glad to announce the release of AnyChart 6.0.5. We are constantly improving the HTML5 engine, and soon it will become fully functional. Besides that, we keep adding new features and refining various aspects of AnyChart, including the smallest details (which, as we believe, are never insignificant) to make it more and more convenient to use.
In AnyChart 6.0.5 we have introduced a number of important improvements:
- A new Scale Auto Calculation Mode – Axes Scales: Scale Auto Calculation Modes.
- A new scale attribute always_show_zero – Axes Scales: Always Show Zero in Auto Calculation Mode.
- AnyChart Flex Component can now be used in Android applications.
- AnyChart Flash Integration can now be used in iOs applications.
- The getInformation() method now returns gauges and pointers collection for Gauge charts.
- AnyChart() constructor can now have up to three parameters, where the third parameter is a custom chart id.
- Chart custom messages are now configured in a different way: properties are replaced with a messages object. Read more in the Preloader tutorial.
- The getPNG() function now have two optional parameters: width and height. Read more in the Save as Image tutorial.
- A number of features, such as label controls, color swatch control, actions, templates, and the apply_palletes_to attribute are now fully supported in the HTML5 engine.
Important note: Because of the bug in Flash Player 22.214.171.124 Radar and Polar charts are displayed incorrectly. If you use any of 5.x or 6.x AnyChart versions with this version of Flash Player, please, switch either to AnyChart 6.0.5 or to Flash Player 126.96.36.199 (or later).
Please, feel free to contact us if any questions arise. We appreciate our clients and work hard to anticipate their needs and keep pace with the latest demands of the industry, making our charts even more flexible and attractive.