AnyChart Open-Sources Powerful, Draw-Anything JS Graphics Library GraphicsJS September 15th, 2016 by AnyChart Team
Of course, data visualization is not the only but just one of multiple fields where the library of GraphicsJS can be helpful and even essential. Generally speaking, this solution can help you produce virtually anything graphical from scratch: static and animated images, cartoons, games, interactive infographics, mind maps, and many other amazing things in HTML5.
Key Features of JS Graphics Library
- Mighty line drawing abilities – Bézier curves, arcs, rectangles, and many other kinds of forms and deformations.
- Powerful text manipulation features – multiline texts, measurement, including width, height, as well as wrap, overflow, indent, spacing, align, etc.
- Virtual DOM for drawing fast and only what is necessary.
- Smart layering system with z-index.
- Transformation engine – embarrassing in-browser transformations are not used.
- Legacy browser support (Internet Explorer 6+).
By the way, making our graphics engine open-source is just the beginning as – we are also pleased to tell you – AnyChart is going to open the source code of our charting libraries soon! We believe that our great developments in the fields of graphics and data visualization should be even more visible and reachable to any programmer from any part of the world, not to mention that we would love to allow the community to contribute.
Please refer to GraphicsJS.org to learn more about GraphicsJS. As always, the demos are available on our Playground (Graphics section). Also, let’s not forget about the Graphics Documentation and Graphics API Reference.
What’s more, the GraphicsJS library and all relevant samples can be freely downloaded and forked on GitHub.
- 5 Comments »