To start with, here’s a quick list of what major new cool features have been delivered to our interactive data visualization solutions with this new release:
- Sunburst Chart;
- negative logarithmic scale;
- crosshair multiple labels;
- minimum/maximum labels;
- new technical indicators and additional touch support in stock charts;
- custom drawing, data grid live editor, and new timeline in Gantt charts
Now, let’s take a closer look at each of the major news of AnyChart 8.2.0 and then see what’s next on our roadmap.
Major New Features in AnyChart 8.2.0
New Technical Indicators
A new bunch of technical indicators is now available in the AnyStock JS library for financial data visualization: Parabolic SAR (PSAR), Money Flow Index (MFI), Momentum, and Williams %R. See the AnyStock roadmap to learn which ones are planned for release with the following major updates. Check out multiple examples of stock charts with technical indicators in our gallery.
Custom Drawing in Gantt Charts
We’ve made it possible to override drawing of any Gantt timeline element (baseline, milestone, etc.). There are no limits to how they can look, you can create any custom visualization based on your imagination.
Data Grid Live Editor
Grid cells of the Gantt Chart can now be edited in the Live Edit mode. If the input data is valid, all the changes can be saved or aborted if otherwise.
Negative Logarithmic Scale
In release 8.2.0, we’ve introduced the support of negative values on the logarithmic scale in basic charts (AnyChart) and stock charts (AnyStock). This can be helpful in creating a clearer and more comprehensive visualization when working with large data sets.
Crosshair Multiple Labels
Min/Max labels give you a unique opportunity to show the minimum and maximum values on basic (AnyChart) and stock charts (AnyStock). This feature allows users to see at a glance what is happening with the data. Take a look at our examples: Min and Max Labels in Range Column Chart and Min and Max Labels in Stock Chart, and Minimum/Maximum Labels Docs.
New Timeline in Gantt Charts
Release 8.2.0 has brought significant improvements to the timeline header in Gantt charts. From now on, the number of its levels and their format can be set manually, which further increases the timeline’s flexibility. In addition, automatic formatting of dates in response to zoomIn and zoomOut has become even better.
Additional Touch Support in Stock Charts
We are glad to announce that touch support in AnyStock has been further extended! Now you can use the touchscreen to easily pinch stock charts (or any other timeline-based data visualizations) and scroll them in any direction.
For more details on what exactly has been updated, please head to the library-specific version history sections on our website:
- AnyChart version history;
- AnyGantt version history;
- AnyMap version history;
- AnyStock version history.
AnyChart JS Charts 8.3.0 to Be Released in June 2018
- support of HTML tooltips, extended fill/stroke functions, and localization improvements in all our JS chart libraries,
- axis labels inside charts in AnyChart and AnyStock,
- multilevel X-axis in AnyChart,
- axis markers and plotting a custom chart title in AnyStock,
- major API improvements in AnyGantt, and
- maybe something else — please let our Support Team know what you would like to get in the next release, and we may well decide to roll it out within the nearest or one of the following updates!
Library-specific roadmaps will tell you more not only about the upcoming major release but also about what’s in our long-term plans:
- 1 Comment »