Announce – new version with interactive maps November 12th, 2007 by Anton Baranchuk
We’re glad to announce new version of our charting component with new exciting chart type – geographical maps.
Interactive Maps is a unique feature of AnyChart component that allows you to visualize geo related data.
We use the same swf file to render maps and charts – it allows combining maps and chart in the interactive dashboard and easily deploying both of them.
The maps themselves are stored in a separate file with “*.amap” extension. You just place this file and swf file on your server and specify it in XML settings file to render a desired map.
Here are some tasks you can solve with AnyChart Flash Maps:
* Create Drilldown Maps.
* Create Geographical Related Dashboards.
* Create RealEstate, Distributor, Franchise, Dealer, etc. locators.
* Visualize statistical or reporting data easily.
* Visualize marketing research reports.
* Create Area Selectors for web-sites.
AnyChart Flash Map Features:
* Draw custom markers, bubbles, lines and connectors on the maps.
* Draw any map shipped in the package with no additional charge or royalty – see the list of available maps .
* Use any SHP file to create your custom map – if you have SHP files that contains maps you need – contact us at email@example.com and we will convert them into AnyChart compatible format.
* Display any map in one of ten map projections.
* Use geographical coordinates (longitude, latitude) to add custom points to the map.
* Use thresholds to color a map automatically, according to the data stored in your database.
* Add legend, labels and tooltips to a map.
* Attach custom actions to any map region – to create interactive web applications.
* Attach any custom data from your database to the map – for labels, tooltips, legend, coloring or actions.
When will it be coming out?