The very first version of AnyChart hit the shelves more than 10 years ago, check out what our products went through and see what's new in the most recent update.
DVF-4373 — Labels text length
Added an option to limit the number of characters in labels for easier control over the chart display.
- Take a look at maxLength() in the API.
DVF-4383 — Client-side CSV/XLSX export
CSV/XLSX can now be exported on client-side, without the help of an export server.
DVF-4415 — First and Last labels placement improvement
First and last labels of regular chart now always find their place on the chart making the chart display more consistent and appealing.
- DVF-4482 — Network Graph selection API improved
- DVF-4455 — CSV/XLSX export headers can now be formatted
- DVF-4429, DVF-4430 — Client side export issues fixed
- DVF-4382 — Axis markers issue fixed
- DVF-4385 — Zero-value stacked bar issue fixed
- DVF-4436 — Legend in Firefox fixed
- DVF-4440 — Markers issue fixed
- DVF-4448 — Network tooltip issue fixed
- DVF-4463 — Polar chart grid palette fill fixed
- DVF-4466 — Waterfall connector stroke issue fixed
- DVF-4472 — Ordinal scale issue fixed
DVF-4386 — Text shadow effect
Most of the text elements got an option to tune text shadow with the textShadow() method.
Shadow effect can help with text display on certain background colors or give your visualizations more wow-effect.
- Take a look at Top 1000 Companies in the Gallery.
- DVF-4371 — Background corners settings can now be set in percents as well as in pixels
- DVF-4409 — Sunburst labels performance significantly improved, can now render more than 20.000 points.
- DVF-4372, DVF-4377 — Timeline chart minor issues fixed
- DVF-4407 — Sunburst single leaf label issue fixed
- DVF-4315, DVF-4325 — Client-side export issue
- DVF-4319 — Hover cursor on legend
- DVF-4341 — Selection Marquee issue
- DVF-4239 — Log scale ticks issue
- DVF-4255 — Sunburst label issue
- DVF-4327 — Mobile tappable area for gauge's needle
- DVF-4322 — Mobile issue (Network chart)
- DVF-4289, DVF-4290, DVF-4291, DVF-4292 — Gauge ticks issues
- DVF-4320 — Disable credits over theme
- DVF-4340 — Legend items alignment settings
DVF-4247 — Client-Side Export
- DVF-4277 — Legend. Add some icons support
- DVF-4201 — Legend issues
DVF-4186 — Timeline Chart
A timeline is a display of a list of events in chronological order. It is typically a graphic design showing a long bar labeled with dates paralleling it, and usually contemporaneous events.
DVF-2987 — Network Graph
Network graph is a mathematical structure (graph) to show relations between points. The graph visualizes how entities are interconnected with each other. Entities are displayed as nodes (points) and the relationship between them (edges) are displayed with lines.
- DVF-3897 — Ticks, grids, crosshair appearance issue fixes.
- DVF-4210 — Polar chart resize issues fixed.
- DVF-4095 — Issues with xMode "scatter" fixed.
- DVF-3944 — Resize event issues fixes.
- DVF-4187 — Charts disposing improved.
- DVF-4041 — fixed 3d grids redrawing problem
- DVF-4095 — fixed issues with xMode scatter, when scale values are redefined
- DVF-4107 — fixed issues with sunburst drilldown in FF
- DVF-4109 — fixed legend redraw bug when position mode is inside
- DVF-4112 — fixed pie appearance bug with outside labels
- DVF-4142 — fixed tag cloud appearance bug
- DVF-4147 — fixed issues with pie labels clipping
- DVF-4154 — fixed issue in wordtree chart
- DVF-4156 — fixed issue with pie outside labels
- DVF-4174 — fixed issue with pie point hover, after clicking on missing point in legend
DVF-3894 — Word Tree
A Word Tree chart is a visualization of a set of words in a hierarchical way. It can be used to show which words most often follow or precede a target word or to show a hierarchy of terms. The font size of words represents their weight - the frequency/number of children
DVF-3061 — Surface Chart
Surface chart (3D Surface plot) displays a set of three-dimensional data as a mesh surface and is used when you need to find the optimum combinations between two sets of data. The colors and patterns in this chart indicate the areas that are in the same range of values.
DVF-3378 — Multi Series Charts Grouped by Series
Sometimes it is useful to visualize comparison in a different way - group columns by series. Now you can enable this mode for all basic cartesian charts.
- DVF-3085 — New chart constructors added to make API more uniform.
- DVF-3639 — Ordinal Scale Modes are introduced to cover certain Area and Line Series Display Requirements (API)
- DVF-3893 — Cartesian Series Multiple X Mode: Now you can display cartesian charts with several points with the same argument.
- DVF-3804 — Heatmap tooltip format issue fixed.
- DVF-3975 — Linear scale small values calculation improved.
- DVF-3995 — Paginator background bug fixed.
- DVF-3999 — Tag Cloud tooltip position mode bug fixed.
- DVF-4045 — Firefox labels issue fixed.
- DVF-4078 — Empty Data Treemap serialization issue fixed.
- DVF-4118 — Resource chart JSON/XML deserialization issue fixed.
- DVF-4045 — FFox labels fix
- DVF-4063 — Chart background zIndex issue
- DVF-3995 — paginator fix
- DVF-3999 — tagCloud tooltip fix
- DVF-3941 — Performance improvements.
DVF-3857 — Performance issues
We have significantly improved the performance.
DVF-3171 — Sankey Diagram
A Sankey diagram is a flow diagram that shows nodes linked by flows, the quantity of each flow being represented as its width. This chart type emphasizes the major transfers or flows within a system and helps to locate dominant contributions to an overall flow.
- DVF-3873 — Improved rendering of legend.
- DVF-3861 — Line markers of the axes now can dispatch mouse events.
- DVF-3826 — Now the fill of the 3D Pie chart can be transparent.
- DVF-3733 — Added the contextMenu() method to the anychart.ui.table class.
- DVF-1768 — Now a gradient fill can be set as a string.
- DVF-3850 — Improved positioning of the data area.
- DVF-3835 — Fixed the issue with tree search.
- DVF-3823 — Fixed the issue with Treemap labels.
- DVF-2015 — Improved drawing of 3D Area series.
- DVF-1748 — Improved positioning of labels.
- DVF-1514 — Improved calculation of the Circular Gauge's range.
Coloring Rules and Thresholds
New ways to customize the coloring of series are added. Negative/positive colors, rising/falling colors, and the ability to specify the Color Scale with thresholds for series.
Color palettes improvements
Labels background settings improvements
Markers/Labels clipping improvements
3D Charts issues
Venn Chart: new token %selectedPointsSum
Pie Chart labels overlap improvements
Tooltip issues in financial charts
XML serialize scale ticks issue
Escape/Unescape symbols in XML serialization
Linear Gauge issues
Pointer's z-Index in Circular Gauges issue
Heat map scroll inversion bug
Gauges scale calculations problems
Charts xScroller issues
- DVF-3678 — Ticks calculations after draw fixed.
- DVF-3048 — Fixed issues with stacked points with zero value.
- DVF-2916 — Grid layout issues fixes.
- DVF-1350 — The bug in the search() method fixed.
Min/Max labels give you a unique opportunity to show the minimum and maximum values on the chart. This feature allows users to see at a glance what is happening with the data.
Crosshair Multiple Labels
Now you can display several crosshair labels on additional axes of the chart. Hence, it is possible to add an extra axis (e.g. one with percentage values), enable this feature and get more insights at a time while exploring such an interactive data visualization.
- Take a look at Crosshair Multiple Labels in the API.
Negative Logarithmic Scale
In release 8.2.0, we've introduced the support of negative values on the logarithmic scale. This can be helpful in creating a clearer and more comprehensive visualization when working with large data sets.
DateTime Scale improvements
Update localizations files. Current version is 1.2.0 (see at cdn).
Pie Chart — Outline
Although the outline itself does not carry any particular information on a chart, it can be utilized to make a Pie Chart stand out visually in comparison with the other charts and to stress the importance of the data displayed. By default, the Pie Chart Outline features the width of 10 pixels and the lighter fill color.
Donut Chart — Center Content
How to efficiently use the space on a web page will always remain a topical question for the web design. To contribute to this field, we've introduced the .center() method making the process of adding the content to the center of a Pie Chart as easy and convenient as possible. You can use .center() to add text or other charts.
Pie Chart — Interactivity
Pie Chart — Label Placement Algorithm
The newly added Pie Chart Outside Labels distribution algorithm makes sure that labels are well-positioned and provided with enough space to be displayed in a clear, neat manner. The outsideLabelsSpace() method is now deprecated as far as its value is calculated automatically. See the Pie Chart with Dynamic Start Angle example to see how it works.
Fixed issues with using String Tokens in Legend itemsFormat() method.
Fixed issues with extra small and extra large values formatting.
Fixed issues with unicode symbols in String Tokens (desk case #3833, TS-415).
Fixed animation issues that accure during update of Pareto Chart settings (desk case #3062, TS-229).
Fixed bug with labels settings from data (DVF-3403).
Fixed bug with cycling angles values in Tag Cloud.
Fixed issues with inappropriate chart rendering into containers with flex layout in Firefox.
- Check out Modular System in the Documentation.
Node.js Server-side Rendering
- Check out Node.js Server API in the Documentation.
No Data Label Feature
No Data Label Feature is an API designed to notify the chart viewer that data is not available. Data can be missing due to its absence by default or if it has been removed by means of the Data Updating API, Exclude Data Point feature, or through the interactivity.
CSV/Excel Export Reworked
By popular demand, we've remastered the algorithm for preparing CSV/Excel data for charts. Now it takes into account the chart type specific features and allows you to use multiple data sets for different series.
- Check out Data Export in the Documentation.
Context Menu Customization API
We've significantly simplified the process of the context menu customization. Now each item of the context menu is assigned with an ID that can be called to access the corresponding fields and settings as well as to add custom ones. We've also added the option to localize the context menu.
- Check out Context Menu in the Documentation.
General API Improvements
- Check out Migration Process in the Documentation.
Data Points Size Settings
The size of Data Points is now under your full control as we've added the following methods:
- chart.pointWidth() — sets fixed size Data Points when series are added dynamically;
- chart.maxPointWidth() — sets the width of points when data is updated;
- chart.minPointLength() — to make sure relatively small and near-zero values are displayed.
Series Stacking Order feature
Now you can set the order of series in Stacked Charts by using the stackDirection() method. This feature will be helpful when you work with data from third-party sources and have no control over the input data format.
- Check out Series Stacking Order feature in the Documentation.
Bar and Column Charts now apply softMinimum() settings with value 0 by default
Improved Grids API, grid()/minorGrid() methods are replaced with xGrid()/yGrid(), xMinorGrid()/yMinorGrid() methods. Coloring oddFill()/evenFill() methods are replaced with fill() and palette() methods. See Axes basics article to learn more.
Fixed issues with Drawing Annotations Labels formatting (Case 3293, TS-195)
Fixed issues with changing series data after draw in financial charts (TS-150)
Fixed error with displaying tooltips in IE 6-8 (Case 3173, TS-296)