The very first version of AnyChart hit the shelves more than 10 years ago, check out what our products went through and see what's new in the most recent update.
Version 8.x History
AnyMap version 8.12.0Released Dec 4, 2023
- DVF-4673 — Single select interactivity mode issue fixed
AnyMap version 8.11.1Released May 10, 2023
- DVF-4615 — Improved New York map
- DVF-4644 — Improved Ghana map
- DVF-4662 — Improved India map
AnyMap version 8.10.0Released May 20, 2021
- DVF-4513 — Update South Sudan and France meta-data
AnyMap version 8.9.0Released Sep 29, 2020
DVF-4373 — Labels text lengthAdded an option to limit the number of characters in labels for easier control over the chart display.
- Take a look at maxLength() in the API.
DVF-4383 — Client-side CSV/XLSX exportCSV/XLSX can now be exported on client-side, without the help of an export server.
- DVF-4403 — Cambodia map updated
- DVF-4029 — France and India maps updated. Puerto-Rico and New Zealand maps added.
- DVF-4429, DVF-4430 — Client side exports issues fixed
AnyMap version 8.8.0Released May 22, 2020
DVF-4386 — Text shadow effectMost of the text elements got an option to tune text shadow with the textShadow() method.
Shadow effect can help with text display on certain background colors or give your visualizations more wow-effect.
- Take a look at Wine Consumption Map of USA in the Gallery.
- The map of Cambodia has been updated to reflect the split of Kampong Cham province into two provinces: Kampong Cham (west of the Mekong River) and Tbong Khmum (east of the Mekong River).
AnyMap version 8.7.1Released Dec 17, 2019
- DVF-4315, DVF-4325 — Client-side export issue
- DVF-4319 — Hover cursor on legend
- DVF-4341 — Selection Marquee issue
- DVF-4320 — Disable credits over theme
AnyMap version 8.7.0Released Aug 7, 2019
DVF-4278 — Polygonal SelectionWe've made it possible to select points on JS map charts powered by the AnyMap library by drawing a polygon. In addition to the rectangular marquee, such a complex, polygonal selection can now be easily configured using our API and is also available to the end user from the context menu.
- Take a look at Polygonal Selection in the Gallery.
- DVF-4277 — Legend. Add some icons support
- DVF-4201 — Legend issues
AnyMap version 8.6.0Released May 15, 2019
- DVF-3944 — Resize event issues fixed.
- DVF-4187 — Charts disposing improved.
AnyMap version 8.5.0Released Dec 24, 2018
- DVF-3905, DVF-4101 — Andorra, Anguilla, Spain, Somalia, Singapour, Sierra Leone, San Marino, Brunei, Saint-Pierre, Dominica, Ghana, Hawaii, India, Nauru, Netherlands, Republic of Kongo, Liechtenstein, Jamaica, and USA maps fixes and improved.
- DVF-4063 — chart background issue fixed.
AnyMap version 8.4.2Released Nov 23, 2018
- DVF-4063 — Chart background zIndex issue
AnyMap version 8.4.1Released Oct 30, 2018
- DVF-3941 — Performance improvements.
AnyMap version 8.4.0Released Oct 5, 2018
DVF-3857 — Performance issuesWe have significantly improved the performance.
- DVF-3873 — Improved rendering of legend.
- DVF-3655 — Fixed the issues with zooming in Firefox.
- DVF-3905 — The maps of several countries improved.
AnyMap version 8.3.0Released Jul 10, 2018
AnyMap version 8.2.1Released Apr 16, 2018
- DVF-3038 — Aitoff projection display issues fixed.
AnyMap version 8.2.0Released Mar 27, 2017
AnyMap version 8.1.0Released Dec 20, 2017
- Changed minBubbleSize()/ maxBubbleSize() methods default values to make a better visual appearance of Bubble Maps.
- Improved memory allocation when running AnyChart in Node.js environment.
- String Tokens now auto-detect the type of formatting (string, number or DateTime) by token arguments. In addition, formatting types can now be defined directly using the type argument.
AnyMap version 8.0.0Released Oct 2, 2017
- Check out Modular System in the Documentation.
- Take a look at Node.js Server API in the API.
No Data Label FeatureNo Data Label Feature is an API designed to notify the chart viewer that data is not available. Data can be missing due to its absence by default or if it has been removed by means of the Data Updating API, Exclude Data Point feature, or through the interactivity.
- Check out No Data Label in the Documentation.
CSV/Excel Export ReworkedBy popular demand, we've remastered the algorithm for preparing CSV/Excel data for charts. Now it takes into account the chart type specific features and allows you to use multiple data sets for different series.
- Check out Data Export in the Documentation.
Context Menu Customization APIWe've significantly simplified the process of the context menu customization. Now each item of the context menu is assigned with an ID that can be called to access the corresponding fields and settings as well as to add custom ones. We've also added the option to localize the context menu.
- Check out Context Menu in the Documentation.