The very first version of AnyChart hit the shelves more than 10 years ago, check out what our products went through and see what's new in the most recent update.
DVF-4373 — Labels text length
Added an option to limit the number of characters in labels for easier control over the chart display.
- Take a look at maxLength() in the API.
DVF-4383 — Client-side CSV/XLSX export
CSV/XLSX can now be exported on client-side, without the help of an export server.
- DVF-4403 — Cambodia map updated
- DVF-4029 — France and India maps updated. Puerto-Rico and New Zealand maps added.
- DVF-4429, DVF-4430 — Client side exports issues fixed
DVF-4386 — Text shadow effect
Most of the text elements got an option to tune text shadow with the textShadow() method.
Shadow effect can help with text display on certain background colors or give your visualizations more wow-effect.
- Take a look at Wine Consumption Map of USA in the Gallery.
The map of Cambodia has been updated to reflect the split of Kampong Cham province into two provinces: Kampong Cham (west of the Mekong River) and Tbong Khmum (east of the Mekong River).
- DVF-4315, DVF-4325 — Client-side export issue
- DVF-4319 — Hover cursor on legend
- DVF-4341 — Selection Marquee issue
- DVF-4320 — Disable credits over theme
DVF-4247 — Client-Side Export
DVF-4278 — Polygonal Selection
We've made it possible to select points on JS map charts powered by the AnyMap library by drawing a polygon. In addition to the rectangular marquee, such a complex, polygonal selection can now be easily configured using our API and is also available to the end user from the context menu.
- Take a look at Polygonal Selection in the Gallery.
- DVF-4277 — Legend. Add some icons support
- DVF-4201 — Legend issues
- DVF-3944 — Resize event issues fixed.
- DVF-4187 — Charts disposing improved.
- DVF-3905, DVF-4101 — Andorra, Anguilla, Spain, Somalia, Singapour, Sierra Leone, San Marino, Brunei, Saint-Pierre, Dominica, Ghana, Hawaii, India, Nauru, Netherlands, Republic of Kongo, Liechtenstein, Jamaica, and USA maps fixes and improved.
- DVF-4063 — chart background issue fixed.
- DVF-4063 — Chart background zIndex issue
- DVF-3941 — Performance improvements.
DVF-3857 — Performance issues
We have significantly improved the performance.
- DVF-3873 — Improved rendering of legend.
- DVF-3655 — Fixed the issues with zooming in Firefox.
- DVF-3905 — The maps of several countries improved.
- DVF-3038 — Aitoff projection display issues fixed.
Improved memory allocation when running AnyChart in Node.js environment.
- String Tokens now auto-detect the type of formatting (string, number or DateTime) by token arguments. In addition, formatting types can now be defined directly using the type argument.
- Check out Modular System in the Documentation.
Node.js Server-side Rendering
- Take a look at Node.js Server API in the API.
No Data Label Feature
No Data Label Feature is an API designed to notify the chart viewer that data is not available. Data can be missing due to its absence by default or if it has been removed by means of the Data Updating API, Exclude Data Point feature, or through the interactivity.
- Check out No Data Label in the Documentation.
CSV/Excel Export Reworked
By popular demand, we've remastered the algorithm for preparing CSV/Excel data for charts. Now it takes into account the chart type specific features and allows you to use multiple data sets for different series.
- Check out Data Export in the Documentation.
Context Menu Customization API
We've significantly simplified the process of the context menu customization. Now each item of the context menu is assigned with an ID that can be called to access the corresponding fields and settings as well as to add custom ones. We've also added the option to localize the context menu.
- Check out Context Menu in the Documentation.
General API Improvements