The very first version of AnyChart hit the shelves more than 10 years ago, check out what our products went through and see what's new in the most recent update.
AnyChart in Now OpenReliability has always been our company's first priority. And you definitely know you can trust us, with our public roadmaps, consistent releases, and highly experienced Quality Assurance team. Today we are glad to tell you about another major step that we have just taken in this regard: AnyChart is now open! Basically, it means the following:
- The Source code of our product is available for review and download on GitHub.
- The public issues tracker is open to all who are ready to help us further improve our product.
- Public Build scripts allow you to compile custom binaries with the chart types you need.
- The open branches list demonstrates our development cycle and proves you can trust us.
SharingNow any map can be shared on social networks with the help of the context menu. Properties specific to a particular social network can be set in the exports namespace.
- Learn more about Sharing Charts
LegendIn this release, we are glad to present several major legend features.
- The itemsLayout() now supports new options that allow you to improve the legend’s visual appearance, especially when multiple series are shown on a chart.
- The legend can now be placed inside a data plot (the positionMode() method) to facilitate a more efficient use of space on a chart.
- The drag() method is a pleasant addition to the preceding two features. It allows you to easily change the chart legend’s position by simply dragging it throughout a chart.
- Learn more about Legend features
- DVF-1747 - Map legend issues fixed.
- DVF-2323 - Map drilling issues fixed.
- DVF-2228 - Issues with map bounds fixed.
- SUP-706 Issue with legend marker in Column chart fixed.
- SUP-711 Issue with memory leak in StockChart fixed.
- DVF-1397 Fixed issue with title positioning.
- DVF-1829 Legend item issues fixed.
- DVF-2274 Legend sizing issue fixed.
- DVF-1449 Fixed issues with shared legend.
- DVF-2606 Legend item issue fixed.
- DVF-2318 Issues with series unhovering fixed.
- DVF-1746 Various minor legend issues fixed.
- DVF-2619 Downloading logo.png issues fixed.
- DVF-2637 Default timezone settings fixed.
Localization SupportOne of the main news of this release: support of localization using locale settings files and special formatting functions. You can switch between 196 different regional settings, and all date/time chart elements update themselves.
Map Grid (Meridians and Parallels)Showing meridians and parallels on a map greatly improves its design and provides a clear view in visualizations where latitude and longitude do matter.
Map AxesMap axes with latitude and longitude labels complement map grid showing meridians and parallels on a map. Geo Scale that controls Map Axes and grid allows to fine-tune the display and achieve a great variety of looks and feels for map visualizations.
- DVF-2119 - Legend width/height behavior improved.
- DVF-2362 - Scatter Series behaviour made consistent with other series.
- DVF-2261 - Credits behaviour improved.
- DVF-2346 - appendTheme() method added for easier management of themes.
- DVF-2079 - Beta version of the Data Adapter Module added for easier management of external files.
- DVF-2307 - Export Server can now return images as base64 strings or as shareable links.
- DVF-2352 - XML Schema validity problems fixed.
- DVF-2360 - Various minor Export Server issues fixed.
- DVF-2358 - Various minor Interactivity issues fixed.
- DVF-2376 - Inconsistent zIndex behaviour fixed.
- DVF-2338 - Various XML serialization/deserialization fixed.
- DVF-2337 - Various JSON serialization/deserialization fixed.
- DVF-2327 - toXML() deserialization method no longer adds unnecessary data into XML.
- DVF-1865 - remove() method problems fixed.
Seat MapsSeat Maps is a new feature based on SVG Vector images, which simplifies the process of building interactive Airplane Seating Charts, Opera and Cinema Plans, or any other types of seat maps. It is also suitable for building interactive schemes of parks, malls, or virtually any other entities you can put into an SVG image.
Map Label Positioning Improvements
- Now it is possible to place region labels outside of regions bounds, using Latitude/Longitude data.
- The Label Overlap Control feature helps to keep a big amount of labels under control.
- Small regions can be highlighted using the Callout feature.
TopoJSON format supportAnyMap now supports loading Geo Data in TopoJSON format. Geographical data files in TopoJSON format are much smaller (up to 10 times), so using TopoJSON instead of GeoJSON allows to reduce map rendering and page loading time.
Ability to use SVG Images as Geo DataAnyMap now supports loading Geo Data in SVG format. When GeoJSON and TopoJSON are not enough, you can turn to SVG and use it as a source of geographical data. This format may be quite useful if you want to edit a map in a simple vector editor or to create a map of an imaginary place, a road map, or a map with rivers or custom labels.
- DVF-2243 - Fixed tooltip failed to be shown on mobile devices
- DVF-2245 - Fixed wrong name for Xinjiang region map.
- DVF-2265 - Fixed crashing in some circumstances when using a getDrilldownPath() in Maps.
- DVF-2266 - Fixed World map meta data for Cyprus U.N. Buffer Zone, N. Cyprus, Kosovo, and Somaliland.
- DVF-2170 - Solved compatibility issues between AnyChart UI and other AnyChart products.
- DVF-2017 - Solved compatibility issues with old versions of ExtJS (3.4 and less).
Dot (Points) MapThe Dot (Points) Map series type was added to AnyMap. It has the widest application range: showing cities, points of interest, events, creating density maps, and more. In the Dot Distribution Map (also known as Dot Density Map), a dot symbol shows the presence of a feature or phenomenon. Dot maps rely on visual scatters to demonstrate spatial patterns. With AnyMap, you can work with any of predefined marker types, code your own type, or use an image.
Points Connections MapThe Point Connections Map series type was added to AnyMap. Points Connections Map can be used used to create Flight Maps, Route Maps, Demarcation Boundaries Map and in many other cases.
Drill Down FeatureNow you can change detalization level using the Drill Down feature. Source map settings can be preserved when you drill down, or completely reset if needed.
Common Maps ProjectionsNow you can show any map in one of the following projections: Aitoff, August, Bonne, Eckert1, Eckert3, Equirectangular, Fahey, Hammer, Mercator, Orthographic, Robinson, Wagner6, Wsg84, Please be careful when you change the projection – be aware of how map projections work and when it is appropriate to use them.
- DVF-1975 - Solved issues with transformation from clientX/clientY to Lat/Long coordinates.
- DVF-1979 - Solved issues with PDF export function.
- DVF-1994 - Fixed bug with Lat/Long in Bubble Maps and Complex GeoData objects.
Longitude/Latitude supportWe have added an option to set coordinates (specify a location) of Bubbles in Bubble series in longitude and latitude degrees. New methods have been added to the API: the allow to convert mouse coordinates to longitude and latitude (transform) and vice versa (inverseTransform).
Move/Zoom APINow there is a possibility to change the scale and move a map. An API for creating a custom UI (buttons, scrolls, etc.) has been added.
Rich Integration of Keyboard and Mouse ControlsMouse integration
- Mouse Wheel - Zoom a map
- Mouse Drag - Move a map (works only when the map is zoomed)
- Cmd/Ctrl + - Zoom in
- Cmd/Ctrl - - Zoom out
- Cmd/Ctrl 0 - Actual size
- Arrow up - Move up
- Arrow down - Move down
- Arrow left - Move left
- Arrow right - Move right
Map Collection Improvement:We have added unique projections for more than 220 maps, which has significantly improved their appearance.
- DVF-1757 - Fixed an issue with artifacts when the values in ColorRange was changing dynamically.
- DVF-1844 - Fixed an issue with the pointSelect event.
- DVF-410 - String, Date/Time and Number text formatting helper functions added.
- DVF-1731 - Event objects in Point listeners got improved structure and now easier to use.
- DVF-1760 - defaultSeriesType, addSeries, removeAllSeries, getSeries, getSeriesAt, removeSeries, removeSeriesAt, getSeriesCount methods added for easy series management.
The choropleth maps provide the easy way to visualize how a measurement varies across a geographic area or it shows the level of variability within a region.
Ordinal Color Range
Quantitative Color Range
Full Compatibility with other Charts
Adobe Flash Integration
Using Charts, Gauges and Maps in Dashboards
SWF File Size Reduction