The very first version of AnyChart hit the shelves more than 10 years ago, check out what our products went through and see what's new in the most recent update.
Version 8.x History
AnyStock version 8.12.0Released Dec 4, 2023
- DVF-4676 — Stock plot axis ticks length issue fixed and now can be set as a percent
AnyStock version 8.11.1Released May 10, 2023
- Aroon Oscillator makes it easy to measure the strength of a trend by subtracting the Aroon Down from the Aroon Up.
- Coppock Curve helps identify potential long-term buying opportunities in the stock market by combining the 11-month and 14-month rate of change and smoothing it with a 10-period WMA.
- Weighted Moving Average (WMA) is especially useful for analyzing short-term trends in stock prices by placing a greater emphasis on recent data points.
- DVF-4607 — Stock: Point-related event issues fixed
- DVF-4643 — Stock: RSI calculation issue fixed
- DVF-4666 — Stock: Label annotation issue fixed
AnyStock version 8.11.0Released Dec 7, 2021
AnyStock version 8.10.0Released May 26, 2021
- DVF-4553 — Low scale tick values issue fixed
AnyStock version 8.9.0Released Sep 29, 2020
DVF-4373 — Labels text lengthAdded an option to limit the number of characters in labels for easier control over the chart display.
- Take a look at maxLength() in the API.
DVF-4383 — Client-side CSV/XLSX exportCSV/XLSX can now be exported on client-side, without the help of an export server.
DVF-4432 — Finitive trend channel annotationNew drawing tool: Finite trend also known as parallel channel.
- Take a look at Annotated OHLC Chart in the Gallery.
DVF-4461 — Volume-weighted average price indicatorNew technical indicator: Volume-weighted
- Take a look at Volume Weight Average Price Indicator in the Gallery.
- DVF-4429 — DVF-4430 Client side exports issues fixed
- DVF-4421 — ADL indicator calculation issue fixed
- DVF-4450 — Crosshair issue fixed
AnyStock version 8.8.0Released May 22, 2020
DVF-4386 — Text shadow effectMost of the text elements got an option to tune text shadow with the textShadow() method.
Shadow effect can help with text display on certain background colors or give your visualizations more wow-effect.
- Take a look at Stock Chart with Labels Annotations in the Gallery.
- DVF-4252 — Event Markers disabling issue fixed.
- DVF-4361 — Plots disabling issue fixed.
AnyStock version 8.7.1Released Dec 17, 2019
- DVF-4315, DVF-4325 — Client-side export issue
- DVF-4319 — Hover cursor on legend
- DVF-4341 — Selection Marquee issue
- DVF-4252 — EventMarker's connectors issue
- DVF-4320 — Disable credits over theme
AnyStock version 8.7.0Released Aug 7, 2019
DVF-3947 — Stock UI Controls: Swap and MaximizeThe AnyStock JS library is now provided with three new UI controls in the form of buttons - "Up", "Down" and "Maximize". The buttons make it easy for the viewer, market data analyst or trader, to swap the adjoining stock charts by moving one of them up or down, or maximize a certain visualization so it fills the entire page.
DVF-4261 — Stock Plot SplitterA splitter is now automatically created between stock chart plots. It enables the viewer to change the relative height of the charts by dragging them up or down. This feature can facilitate data analysis when multiple stock or financial charts are drawn on one page one above the other, allowing the viewer to make a (currently) more important visualization bigger than the others.
DVF-4228 — Infinite Range AnnotationsIn release 8.7.0, we've also delivered two new annotations to the AnyStock library. These are infinite ranges - horizontal and vertical. So now they can be drawn on stock and financial charts powered by AnyStock using a ready-to-use UI, allowing you to avoid coding them as range axis markers, and therefore to save you a lot of time and effort.
New Technical IndicatorsFive new out-of-the-box technical indicators are now available: Envelope (ENV), Ichimoku Cloud (IKH), Price Oscillator (PPO), Rank Correlation Index (RCI) and Psychological Line (PSY).
- DVF-4277 — Legend. Add some icons support
- DVF-4201 — Legend issues
- DVF-4259 — Rangepicker issues
- DVF-4258 — Crosshair label issues
AnyStock version 8.6.0Released May 15, 2019
- DVF-3944 — Resize event issues fixed.
- DVF-4187 — Charts disposing improved.
AnyStock version 8.5.1Released Feb 4, 2019
- DVF-3954 — fixed stock event markers font rendering
AnyStock version 8.5.0Released Dec 24, 2018
- DVF-4056 — Stock single tooltip: AnyStock now supports single display mode, where tooltip is shown for separate elements of series.
- DVF-3975 — Linear scale small values calculation improved.
- DVF-3952 — Awesome oscillator coloring issue fixed.
- DVF-4024 — Stock tooltip union format issue fixed.
AnyStock version 8.4.2Released Nov 23, 2018
- DVF-3975 — extra small values issue
- DVF-4024 — tooltip format issue
AnyStock version 8.4.1Released Oct 30, 2018
- DVF-3952 — Awesome Oscillator fill coloring fixed.
AnyStock version 8.4.0Released Oct 5, 2018
DVF-3857 — Performance issuesWe have significantly improved the performance.
- DVF-3873 — Improved rendering of legend.
- DVF-3699 — Now event markers can be bound to an arbitrary timestamp.
- DVF-3861 — Axis line markers now can dispatch mouse events.
- DVF-3900 — Now scales work correctly with small data sets.
- DVF-3850 — Improved positioning of the data area.
- DVF-3808 — The MAX button of the range selector now works correctly.
AnyStock version 8.3.0Released Jul 10, 2018
Coloring Rules and ThresholdsNew ways to customize the coloring of series are added. Negative/positive colors, rising/falling colors, and the ability to specify the Color Scale with thresholds for series.
New Technical IndicatorsSeven new out-of-the-box technical indicators are now available: TRIX, Keltner Channel, On Balance Volume (OBV), Awesome Oscillator (AO), Heikin Ashi, VolumeMA and Price Channels.
- Color functions anychart.color.darken and anychart.color.lighten issues
- XML serialize scale ticks issue
- Escape/Unescape symbols in XML serialization
- Technical indicators series issues
- Min/max labels with comparisonMode works correctly now
- Small values issues
- Stock plots issues
- selectRange now works correctly after drawing
AnyStock version 8.2.1Released Apr 16, 2018
AnyStock version 8.2.0Released Mar 27, 2017
Min/Max labelsYou have a unique opportunity to show the minimum and maximum values on the visible area of the chart. In this case, you realize at a glance what is happening on a particular part of the stock chart.
Additional Touch SupportWe are glad to announce that touch support in AnyStock has been further extended! Now you can use the touchscreen to easily pinch stock charts (or any other timeline-based data visualizations) and scroll them in any direction.
New Technical IndicatorsA new bunch of technical indicators is now available in the AnyStock JS library for financial data visualization: Parabolic SAR (PSAR), Money Flow Index (MFI), Momentum and Williams %R. See the roadmap of AnyStock to learn which ones are scheduled for release with the following major updates.
Negative Logarithmic ScaleIn release 8.2.0, we've introduced the support of negative values on the logarithmic scale. This can be helpful in creating a clearer and more comprehensive visualization when working with large data sets.
Crosshair Multiple LabelsNow you can display several crosshair labels on additional axes of the chart. Hence, it is possible to add an extra axis (e.g. one with percentage values), enable this feature and get more insights at a time while exploring such an interactive data visualization.
- Take a look at Crosshair Multiple Labels in the API.
- X Scale Irregular intervals support
- Ability to Select Data Range by Points Count
- Disable plot issues
- Missing points issues
- Comparison mode issues
AnyStock version 8.1.0Released Dec 20, 2017
Event MarkersEvent Markers are now one of the most exciting features of the AnyStock library. It's a special type of chart markers designed to provide the best experience in showing various events on financial charts: Key Developments, Dividends, Splits, Insider Transactions, Analyst Opinion Changes and so on. This information is very important for financial analysis and has to be properly visualized. That's why we've equipped AnyStock with a very flexible and convenient set of tools for working with Event Markers.
Label AnnotationWhen it comes to analyzing stock data, the opportunity to add text annotations is often essential. Just like other types of annotations, a label annotation supports live editing and states, can be saved as JSON and provides a wide range of text settings.
- Added additional metadata for Fibonacci Annotations labels formatters to separate date/time levels from value levels.
- Improved memory allocation when running AnyChart in Node.js environment.
- String Tokens now auto-detect the type of formatting (string, number or DateTime) by token arguments. In addition, formatting types can now be defined directly using the type argument.
- Added additional meta for series in comparison mode.
- Fixed price indicator formatting issues.
- Fixed issues with annotations toJson() method call.
- Fixed issues with extra small and extra large values formatting.
- Fixed issues with unicode symbols in String Tokens (desk case #3833, TS-415).
- Fixed bug when Stock Chart xAxis labels failed to work with String Tokens (DVF-3396).
- Fixed issues with inappropriate chart rendering into containers with flex layout in Firefox.
AnyStock version 8.0.0Released Oct 2, 2017
- Check out Modular System in the Documentation.
No Data Label FeatureNo Data Label Feature is an API designed to notify the chart viewer that data is not available. Data can be missing due to its absence by default or if it has been removed by means of the Data Updating API, Exclude Data Point feature, or through the interactivity.
- Check out No Data Label in the Documentation.
CSV/Excel Export ReworkedBy popular demand, we've remastered the algorithm for preparing CSV/Excel data for charts. Now it takes into account the chart type specific features and allows you to use multiple data sets for different series.
- Check out Data Export in the Documentation.
Context Menu Customization APIWe've significantly simplified the process of the context menu customization. Now each item of the context menu is assigned with an ID that can be called to access the corresponding fields and settings as well as to add custom ones. We've also added the option to localize the context menu.
- Check out Context Menu in the Documentation.
CrosshairCrosshair is an exploratory tool that allows you to uncover exact data values hidden behind the chart. It supports two display modes out of the box: float and sticky.
- Check out Crosshair in the Documentation.
Current Price IndicatorCurrent Price Indicator is an exploratory tool that allows you to uncover exact data values hidden behind the chart. It supports two display modes out of the box: float and sticky.
- Chart scroller does not move during Data Streaming anymore ( Github issue 11, TS-181)
- Fixed issues with time conversion for some of DST regions (Case 3183, TS-160)
- Fixed bug with redraw of a chart on chart range picker click in ASPX projects (TS-312)