Treemap Chart is intended for the visualization of hierarchical data in the form of nested rectangles. Each level of such a tree structure is depicted as a colored rectangle, often called a branch, which contains other rectangles (leaves). The space inside each of the rectangles that compose a Treemap is highlighted based on the quantitative value in the corresponding data point.
The main advantages of Treemap Charts conclude in allowing us to do the following:
- identify the relationship between two elements in a hierarchical data structure;
- optimize the use of space;
- accurately display multiple elements together;
- show ratios of each part to the whole;
- visualize attributes by size and color coding.
View more samples in our gallery:
Read more information in our documentation:
Chartopedia Mobile application: